You'll LOVE Working Here!
You'll feel cared for
You'll be inspired to grow
You'll make a difference
We guarantee it!
At Discover Hope, we...
...put people first
...are passionate about excellence
...are proud to be silly!
...check our egos at the door
...have crazy awesome integrity
Are you looking for a rewarding, flexible career with lots of exciting opportunities for advancement? We love to promote from within and provide individualized development plans to help our team reach their professional goals.
Join our award winning team! We are dedicated to providing a fun and caring work environment characterized by integrity and humility, which enables us to provide excellent services to our clients.
If you join our team, we provide you with intensive and ongoing training and support to teach you how to work effectively and confidently with children with autism, teaching them communication, social skills, safety skills, appropriate behaviors and play skills, in their home or community setting.
Discover Hope is proud to partner with the Masters in Applied Behavior Analysis Hybrid Program with Florida Institute of Technology as a practicum host site.
"I love how clients are treated by Discover Hope staff as well as my co-workers and I! I can see the genuine love the company has during sessions, and any time I need some support, my wonderful supervisors are quick to notice!"
~ Mike Truong
BEHAVIOR ASSISTANT - Now Hiring!
The Behavior Assistant is an entry level position- all you need is a high school diploma and to be awesome! This is a part time job with flexible hours, making it a perfect way to gain related experience for those in college studying education, psychology, counseling, or joining the medical field.
Once hired, the Behavior Assistant completes 2 weeks of intensive training, including in person trainings, online modules, and observing sessions, and passes a competency checklist before starting with their own clients. The Behavior Assistant then works directly with our clients in their home or community setting for 10-20 hours a week. Each session is 1.5-2.5 hours in length. During each session, the Behavior Assistant will teach specific goals and targets during play in creative, silly, and natural ways. A Program Supervisor will regularly attend the Behavior Assistant's sessions to provide ongoing training and support. The Behavior Assistant also attends monthly team consults and a staff meeting for more training and professional development.
Once a Behavior Assistant has completed our intensive ABA training and passed our intensive probation evaluation process, they are promoted to a Behavior Therapist. Most Behavior Assistants are promoted to Behavior Therapist within 3-6 months of being hired.
The Behavior Therapist works directly with our clients in their home or community setting for 10-40 hours a week. Each session is 1.5-2.5 hours in length. During each session, the Behavior Therapist will teach specific goals and targets during play in creative, silly, and natural ways. A Program Supervisor will attend the Behavior Therapist's sessions to provide ongoing training and support. The Behavior Therapist also attends monthly team consults and a staff meeting for more training and professional development.
SENIOR BEHAVIOR THERAPIST
The Senior Behavior Therapist has at least 6 months of experience providing ABA services and has passed Discover Hope's intensive probation evaluation process. The Senior Behavior Therapist consistently demonstrates clinical and leadership excellence, and help to train Behavior Assistants and provide support to Behavior Therapists. The Senior Behavior Therapist assists the Program Supervisor in moving on targets and suggesting new targets and strategies. The Senior Behavior Therapist is eligible for additional training and professional support to become a Program Supervisor.
PROGRAM SUPERVISOR - Now Hiring!
The Program Supervisor has a Bachelor's degree, at least 2 years of experience providing ABA therapy, and is pursuing graduate level coursework in a related field. The Program Supervisor maintains a caseload of clients and provides clinical support and expertise. The Program Supervisor assists the Clinical Director in conducting assessments, writing progress reports, and updating the client's goals. The Program Supervisor creates programs and targets for each client based on their individual needs and learning style. The Program Supervisor consults weekly with the Clinical Director regarding each case, and is responsible for supporting and training the Behavior Assistants, Therapists, and Senior Therapists on each case. This is a part time or full time position with flexible hours.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR - Now Hiring!
The Program Director has a Master's degree and is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (or has a related license) with at least 2 years of experience providing direct ABA therapy. The Program Director is a hybrid Program Supervisor/Clinical Director position in which the Program Director receives intensive initial and ongoing training in how to supervise and support others, how to lead a team, and how to complete assessments, write progress reports, create goals and appropriate targets and adjust them based on the child's progress. This position is ideal for a recent certificant who is looking to learn more and grow as a professional in the field. The Program Director is promoted to a full Clinical Director as soon as they demonstrate competency is these areas. This is a part time or full time position with flexible hours.
The Clinical Director has a Master's degree and is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (or has a related license) with at least 2 years of experience leading in-home ABA teams. The Clinical Director oversees a caseload of clients with an emphasis on consultation with each Program Supervisor and providing parent training. The Clinical Director conducts assessment reports, oversees progress reports, programming, targets, and client progress. The Clinical Director is responsible for the overall progress of the case.
We are not currently hiring Clinical Directors, but if you meet the above criteria and are interested, please fill out this form to be considered should a position open up in the future.
SPEECH & LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST - Now Hiring!
- Under general supervision of the Executive Director and/or Regional Director, provides home-based intervention for children with developmental delays, disabilities, and/or autism spectrum disorders.
- Assesses, evaluates, and consults on child’s developmental progress using discipline-specific assessment tools.
- Develops individual client goals and treatment plan based upon child and family’s needs.
- Completes billing in a timely manner.
- Maintains a consistent billable caseload and is proactive in attaining referrals to ensure a billable caseload is established.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team at Discover Hope.
- Supports parents in learning ways to foster their child’s unique development.
- Completes necessary documentation within required time frame, including treatment notes and progress reports.
- Remains current regarding new research, current trends and developments in special education and related fields.
- Attends staff meetings, in-services, trainings, and other meetings as requested.
- Completes additional job duties as assigned by leadership.
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology, required.
- Current California SP license; ASHA certification (CCC-SLP).
- Understanding of typical development.
- Experience working with children with autism spectrum disorders.
- Home based therapists must be able to travel to multiple work sites, requiring reliable transportation needed as well as proof of valid driver license, current auto insurance identification card, and an acceptable driving record.
- Sensitivity to working with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, and economically diverse population.
- Able to engage children and families, and work with very active children on the floor.
- Ability to work in a team oriented setting and collaborates with peers/leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; American Sign Language or bi-lingual ability preferred.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion pertaining to the work environment.
- Able to consistently demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in computer/word processing software.
- A commitment to the values of the organization while demonstrating good judgment, flexibility, patience and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Ability to obtain and maintain criminal record clearance through the Department of Justice and must pass a TB test.
- Must have valid California Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to obtain CPR certificate.
- ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) experience is a PLUS!
HR ASSISTANT - Now Hiring!
We are looking for a hard-working, highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, technology savvy individual with excellent time management and strong organizations skills to join our team as a Human Resource Assistant. This is a full time position.
For more details choose "Apply Now" below.
OFFICE ASSISTANT - Now Hiring!
We are looking for a hard-working, highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, technology savvy individual with excellent time management and interpersonal skills to join our team as an Office Assistant. This is a part time position.
For more details choose "Apply Now" below.